Nikki once again joined me and after our VIP breakfast, we went in search of Marianne and our team "Walking for Lulu". The layout was slightly different this year but we finally found everyone. Marianne had hoodies made up with an embroidered "Walking for Lulu" emblem designed by her cousin, Lorraine. She also had baseball caps and key chains made up.

Nikki ready to walk
Marianne won a prize for top individual fund raiser (over $15,000) and received a digital camcorder. We're all pretty proud of her but then she has always been an over achiever...one of the things I love about her.

Marianne accepting her prize
Once again, she and John, her husband, hosted a luncheon afterwards and outdid themselves. This year: a mountain of different sandwiches on various breads, pasta salads, grilled eggplant, zucchini, asparagus, roasted potatoes, sushi, hot chicken wings, grilled chicken breasts, couscous salad, fruit and cheese platter and an antipasto platter.
I didn't take as many photos as I did last year because I actually forgot! Nikki and I enjoyed getting to know her cousins, Iggy and Valerie and of course, enjoyed the food and a slew of desserts, many of which Marianne made. Unfortunately I couldn't partake but it was fun to look at. And to teased Marianne (as only someone who has known her forever could) that she couldn't possibly have created the wonderful sweets! (Chocolate lollipops in memory bow shape, rice krispie treats on a stick,etc)
After almost 40 years of friendship...when I look at Marianne, I still see a 16 year old girl who took me for my first Whopper and that will probably never change. We will always be 16!! :-)

My friend and me in our hoodies
No comments:
Post a Comment