But enough about her. LOL. I woke up at 7am to a very dreary, drizzling day to get ready to cheer my daughter on. It was a rain or shine kind of event. I drove to 72nd St East side and found parking meters on Madison Ave. Walked to the park and the event and Nikki spotted me which always astounds me since there were hoards of people. It was chilly and you could feel the rain drops. But Nikki was in shorts and a t-shirt and as a mother, I asked her if she had other clothing but she didn't. I could only hope that she would warm up while running.


I went with her to the starting line-up. They staggered the runners by their numbers. Considering the dismal weather, there was quite a turn-out.



As the race started and she ran off...I went to look for the finish line to try to capture her crossing over. Well...good luck with that! It was fun watching the first runners arriving but then as more and more runners started to appear, I was anxious that I would miss her. It was actually a good thing she had on that white t-shirt since it was much easier to spot. But it was still raining and I had an umbrella and there were other people around me also with umbrellas and it was just a wet messy juggling act. I did spot her but she whizzed by me so fast that I wasn't able to get my camera on her. Darn! As it were, she was drenched from head to toe.
But she made great time: 37:40 Pace: 9:25
So proud of my girl!!
After cleaning up and drying out - We celebrated by having breakfast at Big Nick's...waffles for me...eggs for Nikki:

Then I drove back to Queens where I took a much needed NAP!
1 comment:
That girl is AWESOME!!! Hip hip horray for Nikki!
Post a Comment