
Inside was indication that I am treating us to a Spa Day of her choice...

Yesterday I met Winnie by Union Square to cash in on some of my birthday coupons. First stop...DSW to use the $5 they sent me. I know $5 doesn't get very far but they got me in the store. I looked through every department: handbags, wallets, scarves, boots, sneakers, shoes and more shoes. Nothing was $5 but there was also nothing that I wanted to add much more money to. I ended up getting a pack of socks because I can always use the socks. I had to add $6!
Onto Big Daddy's a few blocks away to take advantage of my free burger and shake. I ordered a bacon cheddar cheeseburger but realized now that was way over the top and I should have just ordered a regular burger. The reason is the coupon of a free burger and shake is valued at $18. A regular burger is $12 and a shake is $6. Free.
Ordering the bacon cheddar burger cost an additional $2. And that was added to the bill. Okay. There is a nice selection of milk shakes and although not a huge fan of shakes, I ordered "The Milky Way" - chocolate milk shake chocked-filled with caramel and boy - was it scrumptious and decadent! The shoestring fries that came with the burger was crispy and perfectly cooked. I was so full that I forced myself to take the last bite of burger. The catch to this "deal" is there is a 2 person minimum and so Winnie had to pay for her meal. I will "repay" her when her birthday rolls around but I thank her for allowing me this treat. :-)
We went on to Victoria's Secret to use my $10 birthday gift card even though I swore I wouldn't shop there anymore. It's a long story having to do with their credit card. The problem is I happen to really love their panties! I've tried to switch brands but nothing matches up. So armed with my $10, I was hoping to get a pair or two. They are costly...$7.50 each. Maybe I would be lucky and run into their 5 for $25 which is still more than I wanted to pay. Most of the ones I own now were "free" from promotions but they were getting worn and needed to be updated. Lo and behold, VS was having a "Panty Raid" - 7 for $25.50! I quickly ran to the bin that held the ones I like the best...cotton hi-leg. And it was a smorgasbord!! I was so happy. And then using my $10 off - made up for DSW!
Celebratin' continues on.....
No comments:
Post a Comment