Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Shopping!

My fabulous Christmas of 2009 continues. I was itching to go out yesterday but the weather kept me in.

But today...with the 50 degree forecast, nothing could keep me from Michaels! Armed with Nikki's gift card to me, 3 different coupons...25% off their ribbon stock, 20% off Martha Stewart items and 50% off any one item...plus the already advertised 60% off their Xmas merchandise - I was ready to do business!

Walking into the store - I was one happy camper. Immediately I began to fill my cart. About 20 items later...which ended up being 40 cents a piece...and these were nice things...stationery, labels, Xmas cards, file folders, ornaments and gemstones -I went to check out the Martha section. I saw the one thing I wanted which was her glue in a squirt bottle and then found a whole glitter set (even though Tom got me 2 bottles of glitter, a girl can never have too much) and I was going to use my 20% off the MS collection until I realized the regular price was $9.99 so I used the 50% off instead!

I picked out a slew of ribbon and already at a 60% storewide discount, I received another 25% off!

With an additional 67 cents...I used up the whole giftcard! I have 40 items! And a huge smile on my face. Thank you, Nikki!

No comments: