I had accepted an invitation to a benefit that my sister Evelyn was involved in. It was Oct 3, 1991. I brought Nikki along and although details are vague now, I believe it was held in SoHo somewhere. There were balloons that held prizes. The balloon that Nikki and I chose had a wonderful prize. Mark, my brother-in-law said it was the best one. It was brunch at Tribeca Grill and I think the value was up to $100. The restaurant had opened just a year earlier to much fanfare and rave reviews - one of the owners being Robert DeNiro.
I decided to make it a girls’ day out. It was March 22, 1992 and both Nikki’s and my birthday had just passed and Evelyn’s was coming up in April so it was also celebratory. I invited my sisters Kathy & Evelyn along with my niece Kristina and of course, Nikki. Nikki (age 7) had been ice-skating a lot and I had her fitted with skates that cost me at least an arm if not a leg! I had it all planned. I ordered a stretch limo - at the time, my company had been doing a lot of business with a limo company and Ed, the owner and chauffer had become a good friend. He picked up Kathy, Kris, Nikki and myself at my place in Queens. Then we drove into the city to get Evelyn who was living in Manhattan at the time. From there, Ed dropped us off at an ice-skating rink on 34th Street and the East side.

In the limo with their favorite Aunt Bicky
We skated around…I am always surprised how it just comes back to me…like riding a bike except I don’t know how to ride a bike! It was quite cold and I think this was a first for Kristina. Kathy wouldn’t skate so she was the photographer.




Nikki in her very expensive but very pretty skates
After our session ended, it was time for brunch. We were driven to Tribeca Grill where we had a great time. Since none of us drank, the 5 of us were able to have entrees and it came to about $100. So perfect!
It was such a luxury to have a car and driver just waiting for us wherever we went! The girls loved seeing the wide spacious inside along with bar and TV. We dropped off Evelyn and then was returned to Queens. It was simply a lovely date spent with some of my most favorite people in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment