
We're pretty high up!


Wearing my Yankees hoodie-b-day gift from Nikki
The stadium is gorgeous and we enjoyed the whole experience especially with the Yankees winning 9-1 against the Orioles. A couple of home runs (A-Rod and Texiera) certainly makes for a great game!

The Great Hall - great meeting place
Entering the stadium, they allowed food and bottles of water. And they don’t even need you to transfer it to a clear plastic bag. I like it!

Miss Yankee of Liberty
Nikki made a friend…as she seems to do a lot these days! A row of guys sat in front of us and one of them (Andrew) took a liking to her and sat with her a bit. He was also a little tipsy but it was all in good fun. After he left to smoke a cigarette -he never came back as Nikki predicted since she felt he would never find his way back!
I discovered “Garlic Fries” - omigosh…they are wicked good! Nikki said she is going to try to make them and I hope she does! I would prefer not having to pay $6 to eat them again!

Worth it!!!
I have always loved that first moment of entering a ball park. It is just exhilarating to see the green field and baseball players. I remembered one of the first times I was at a game and the vendors would come around hawking their wares. A guy was throwing bags of peanuts through the air and people were catching them! FREE PEANUTS…or so I thought and grabbed a bag - delighted at my prize…until I had to dish out $5! That was an expensive lesson especially since I don’t even like peanuts! Suffice it to say…I never made that mistake again!

Leaving the stadium at night...so pretty!

The crowds descending...
No comments:
Post a Comment