Friday, June 5, 2009

Peruvian Gifts

Nikki returned home this morning from her trip to Peru with Tom. She spent 9 days there visiting Lima and hiking Machu Picchu. From the sound of things, she ate fabulous food and had a tremendous experience - I am awaiting to see her 1000 photos.

More importantly is what she brought home to me! Prior to her trip, she threatened to get me a Peruvian poncho a la Ugly Betty..but more colorful.



Of course, I would LOVE anything she got me but a poncho is just sooo not me. I asked for a key chain...preferably with my name. I have a thing about that. LOVE seeing my name!! More so because it's hard to find. So if ever I see anything that has "Esther" printed on it...I buy it!

I had gone to Acapulco when I was 23 and was alone on the beach. A peddler came by and said he had necklaces with my name. I scoffed. No way! But he was adament. I challenged him and told him my name and he opened his black case and pulled out a gold necklace with a huge ESTHER plaque! OMG!! And as much as I was amazed, I actually passed on this one!

I have these 2 key chains...top one is from San Francisco - bottom from Hawaii. I also have a beautiful wooden pen with my name engraved on it which I found in Bar Harbor but I can't seem to locate it and you know it's driving me crazy right now.



Well...Nikki pulled out my first gift. WOW! I LOVE it! (already attached to my car key)- even she couldn't believe she found this for me!



And then my second and third..gorgeous alpaca wool scarves. So soft...really lovely.


As thrilled as I am for Nikki - I am more thrilled that she is home, safe and sound.

No comments: