And time hasn’t changed that. We hear a lot of “I want to sit next to Nikki!!” whenever we are around little girls. I have to admit, I love Nikki’s patience, compatibility and enjoyment with children.
But I believe it is innate since no one ever taught her how to be with kids. And it started a long time ago with her ‘babies” and she was a very serious mommy. I know a mommy is not supposed to have favorites but Nikki had a favorite and her name is Stacey.


I don’t remember exactly when Stacey came into our lives but whenever it was, she was here to stay. She traveled so much with Nikki that she had her own passport. -that Nikki made for her.
1990
1994
In Jamaica
In MontrealEveryone who knew Nikki also knew Stacey…that was a given. Of course, she had many other kids and occasionally but rarely, someone else would come along on our trips. Goldie came on a Disney trip with us and on the plane ride down, Nikki’s Virgin Bloody Mary (sigh..yes, that was her drink of choice) spilled all over the doll. UGH. The condo we were staying at had a washer and dryer and we had to wash Goldie. She was a rag doll with long blonde curly hair. The tomato juice washed out but the stuffing moved around and poor Goldie was never the same after that. She lost her stuffing in her neck so her head wouldn’t stay up. For the longest time, whenever Goldie’s name came up, Nikki would gesture to her own neck and sadly shake her head while tilting to the side. But she was still loved.

To this day, her babies are still in her old room - just sitting and waiting for their mommy to come and visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment