Friday, April 21, 2017

Retouched!!

I love looking through my mom's photo albums.  She has many photos going back to her own school years.  If I had my way, I would scan every print but that would be difficult so I've been picking and borrowing a handful each time I visit.

A few years ago, I borrowed such a photo.  It was a shot of Kathy and Winnie's younger sister, Jeannie.  Apparently my dad took all his daughters and Winnie plus sisters (6 girls in total) under the age of 11 to Jones Beach!  Pretty brave but then upon further thought, we were good girls. No one would just wander off.  And also we were not in swimwear so no going near the water.

The photo in question had a tear in it.  Right on Kathy's arm. This was distressing to me and I tried to "fix it" using a "Paint" program.


But I made it worse!!  I couldn't manually "mix" the correct shade of skin color.  Instead there was now an orange blob on Kathy's arm.  About a month ago, I came across the photo and once again, tried to "fix" it.  It really bothered me! But I needed the original and was able to reborrowed the photo.
 After I scanned it, I came across a program on my laptop that I NEVER realized was there.  With a click, I retouched it - perfectly!  You can now imagined that I have gone "retouched" crazy!


No comments: