It's been probably 50 years since I visited the Bronx Zoo! And I don't remember the visit. Only through snapshots of my parents, sister, Aunt Mary & Paul that I even know I was ever there! But with my IDNYC card in hand - I planned a day with Winnie, Liz & Connie to sign up for a free year of membership. Which is actually with the WCS so the one time registration covers the Central Park Zoo, NY Aquarium among others under the WCS umbrella. A total win-win.
I drove the girls who met up with me in Forest Hills. The drive was easy until we got to the Bronx. Not being familiar with the area, I got turned around. Eventually I discovered a street where alternate side had just completed so I could park for "free". But we weren't sure where the entrance was and ended up walking the long way around but at least we found it! And now I know what to look for!
So much oohhh's and ahhh's and getting all excited when we realized we were there right at feeding time! We were like big kids! So much fun and still so much more to see. I really want to return and do the "ride" and maybe have slightly warmer weather. We topped off the wonderful day with our favorite sushi lunch back in Queens!






























No comments:
Post a Comment