The event was held in an old-time bank that was architecturally beautifully with arched ceilings and molding. Old fashioned counters rimmed in brass where one would fill out deposit or withdrawal slips were a wonder. We posed for a pic to commemorate the day: in case you can't tell...Winnie is holding broccoli..:) Remember we were at a Health Expo!
Afterwards we went for brunch at Palo Santo where I held Nikki's bridal shower. It was nearby and since Winnie wasn't able to attend the shower, I was thrilled I could show her the place and have her sample the cuisine. We both had the Pork Hash and Eggs. It was delicious. Gonzalo who was the coordinator was present and served us. I reminded him of who I was and also to praised him again on what a great party it was. It was sweet when he comped us with a side order of avocado & pickled red onions.
Fun day even if we did stand in line for an hour and a half in the frigid wind (this is the part we always say "we're crazy" and it's not the first time and probably won't be the last!). We just thanked God our daughters opted out! All that eye-rolling and "Mommmmm" was avoided! LOL


No comments:
Post a Comment