Monday, December 23, 2013

2013 Christmas Family Get-Together

Dec 22 - Sunday.  Everyone converged to Nyack where Bicky & Mark were kind enough to host.  It was an unusual and extremely warm day for December...73 degrees!  I made Pernil, tomato onion salad/relish and chimichurri.  Kathy brought along a spiral cut ham.  Bicky provided rice pilaf, sauteed string beans, Brussels sprout and sweet potatoes.  There was desserts galore: Bicky made a gingerbread cake, Kathy brought a chocolate mousse cake and I brought a chocolate trifle.  A glorious feast!

I took a ton of photos and it makes for a great photo essay:






The desserts from top: chocolate mousse cake,
gingerbread cake, chocolate trifle
Mom & her bonnet hood dryer
Bicky opening her Secret Santa gift
It's a scented candle!
Mom thought it hysterical that big box held the one candle!
Baz & his SS gift
Kathy is delighted(?) with hers:
Prairie Woman Cookbook
Tom got his book from Secret Santa
Kris opens her goodies from Secret Santa


Mark very happy with his wine and pilot point pens
Tony got an Auto Zone gift card and his beloved
chocolate jelly rings
Nikki's new cutting board
Trisha Yearwood's Cookbook &
Now That's What I Call Music CD
Miranda's turn
Lots of gift cards to her favorite store:
Urban Outfitters
One of many thank you hugs
Nikki's clever "money umbrella" gift to Xavier
Tom got new touch screen gloves and Nikki, a set of candles
From Xavier & Miranda
Aunt Bicky knitted a cowl for Baz
Three Generations
What's in the big box?
Nikki & her new sewing machine!


Merry Christmas!!


2 comments:

Winnie said...

Thank you for sharing your family's Christmas get together of 2014! Loved all the photos and the captions were a nice added touch :)

Evelyn said...

Ooh, I loved reliving our wonderful family celebration through your blog post!! Great pics! xo