What a weekend! So much to celebrate and so much going on. It's been a watershed year...between reaching milestone birthdays (18 & 50), engagement and marriage and I'm not talking about the same couple! - moving up from junior high to high school and another from high school to college....yes...we needed to do it up big!
I thought my annual 4th of July family get-together would be the perfect time. I wished the weather thought so too but I guess you can't have everything!
It was tremendously muggy and hot. Today...the day after - the temp dropped to 70 degrees upstate climbing to 80...how perfect that would have been! But okay...can't complain. It turned out well all the same.
Nikki, Tom, Kris & Baz showed up on Friday which was fantastic to have them there for a nice length of time. We played games - Charades & Trival Pursuit - hilarity ensued. So much f-u-n! Bicky...you must come earlier next time so we can have more time to play. Kathy even joined in and let's just say, bathroom breaks were needed - yeah...peeing in your pants laughter! LOL
Kathy outdid herself in her baking. Creating 4 cakes for the 4 different occasions. It was a covert operation between Kathy & myself - trying to figure out flavors of cakes, shapes of cakes and toppers for cakes. I can only say it was a labor of love. xoxo
.jpg) |
| The Food |
.jpg) |
| The Cakes |
.jpg) |
Grad Cake
Flourless Chocolate cake served with raspberry puree |
.jpg) |
Birthday Cake
Chocolate Mousse Bundt Cake |
.jpg) |
Engagement Cake
Lemon Layer Cake |
.jpg) |
Wedding Cake
Pineapple Coconut Filling |
.jpg) |
| The bride and groom reenactment of the topper |
.jpg) |
| Bride feeds the Groom |
.jpg) |
Something happened from the looks on Nikki's face
but I'm not sure what... |
2 comments:
Fantastic photos! Every photo - from the yummy eats to the beautiful cakes to the loving couples and then the best photo of all the FAMILY! Thanks for sharing!
We don't even look like we're sweating!! Great post, great pics, great food, great time! <3
Post a Comment