Saturday, April 13, 2013

Brunch with a Sis

A brunch date with my sister, Bicky.  I wanted to catch up with her for 2 main reasons....to celebrate her 50th birthday and to talk about a venture we are about to embark on.

I couldn't decide whether to drive in or take the subway.  The subway should have been the easy decision but I had a lot to carry and some of it was heavy.  In the end, driving was the least desirable because of parking and I heard that the subways were a mess but I figured it was the lesser of two evils.  Somehow I did both.  Drove to the station and maneuvered through the MTA and believe me, had to keep your ears opened and follow directions!

I stopped first at Capezio.  I had wanted to treat Miranda to a shopping spree there for her birthday but that was back in January and it just never happened.  Instead, I picked up a gift card. Then I walked over to Ailey to meet up with Bicky and we headed to Whym on 58th & 9th.

I really like this place - it's bright and trendy and no one rushes you.  We sat for 2.5 hours and never felt pressured to leave.  Evelyn had the grilled chicken and avocado sandwich and I had the sausage strada with sunny side eggs:

Savory bread pudding with andouille and chorizo sausage, 
smoked gouda cheese, caramelized onions, brioche bread, 
Evelyn is about to finally sell her knitting creations and will be doing so at a local fair.  She is starting small...making jewelry as in bracelets and necklaces.  She asked if I would like to include my card making and I jumped at the chance.  She is using luxury fibers, such as cashmere, bamboo, silk...and now having seen samples - she'll be a hit!!  I will be working in much the same feel of a "natural" look.  So there's lots to do...Stay tune!

1 comment: