Monday, February 4, 2013

Year of the Snake

As much of a spontaneous person that I can be...I do love tradition.  And routine.  And annual events.  I've said it before, I'll say it again (especially around this time of year) - but I am one lucky gal!

Tonight was my third "annual" invite to Noodletown's end of year dinner.  I was Winnie's plus one as I joined her parents, Connie & Peter and three of Mr. & Mrs. Moy's friends.

I was able to drive down to Chinatown and parked right on Bayard Street.  The restaurant is on Elizabeth.  This year there was an added bonus of a raffle although everyone was allowed to pick a number out of a bag and get a gift.  I got lucky number 8 and was awarded a his and hers watch set. Winnie's gift was a CD player with speakers, Connie got a camcorder, Peter, a stainless steel roaster, Winnie's mom got a slow cooker and Winnie's father got a gift practically made for him:  An ivory carving encased in glass.

Near the end of the dinner, a surprise announcement was made.  One of the Noodletown's cashier had just married one of the waiters! Much cheering, toasting and clinking of glasses was made and then a hilarious "kissing" game ensued.  Any couple present had to kiss!  Any! Suffice it to say...it was laugh out loud craziness.

I was given a doggie bag of chicken, squab and fried rice to take home plus a very generous red envelope.  Yep...one pretty lucky girl!

Blinking Eye Lobster salad
with apple and mango
Oysters on bed of Sea (Hair) Moss
Trio of Seafood including squid
Shark's Fin Soup
Abalone and Flower mushroom over Baby Bok Choy
Jai Gee Gai (Chinese Fried Chicken)
Squab
Steam Sea Bass in Soy Sauce
Fried Rice
Noodles
Sweet papaya and Snow fungus soup
Lucky Cupcakes
Oranges and Cherries
My Gift

No comments: