Thursday, February 9, 2012

Circo NYC

In 2002-2003, Daniel invited Nikki & me to his Tuscan home in Pittigliano. We left on Christmas day during a blizzard! Was there for New Year's Eve which was very special and exciting. Our New Year's eve dinner was at a local osteria which served "Cinghiale" - a very local dish of boar. I totally LOVED it. When I saw it on Circo's restaurant week's menu, I knew I had to make reservartions and invited Nikki along. My third "Thursday Night" of Restaurant Week meal in 3 weeks. I was certainly living it up! Circo is the sister restaurant of Le Cirque - both of which I never experienced so was thrilled to be able to finally do so.


"Cirque" Atmosphere

Circo's Menu Offering:

Primi:
ZUPPA ALLA FRANTOIANA thirty vegetable and cannellini bean soup

INSALATA MISTA mesclun,shaved root vegetables,pecorino

SALMON CRUDO salmon tartar, sweet chili oil, avocado tapenade, orange, raddish

AGNOLOTTI DI ZUCCA pumpkin agnolotti, brown butter, recioto reduction, sage, amaretto crumble

Secondi:
CHITARRA home made spaghetti, fresh tomato sauce, basil

SPEZZATINO DI CINGHIALE wild boar stew, creamy polenta

SALMONE ALLA GRIGLIA white beans, zucchine, basil

POLLO Tuscan brick pressed chicken, cipolline onions, roasted potatoes,swiss chard

LASAGNE alla Bolognese

Dessert:
TIRAMISU
APPLE STRUDEL, spiced caramel gelato
HOMEMADE GEALTI E SORBETTI

Nikki ordered the Salmon Crudo for her appetizer while I went with the pumpkin agnolotti. Both dishes did not disappoint. My "ravoli's" were delicate with a light pumpkin filling in a brown butter sauce. Nikki's salmon paired with the avocado base was not only beautiful to look at but was very tasty. We both had to have the Cinghiale and as soon as I took a bite, I was transformed to that rustic Tuscan family owned-restaurant. Really lovely.

Both our desserts were delightfully presented - we ooh'ed and ahhh'ed....and "hmmmm" at every bite. Great evening of food and catching up with my daughter who just spent a long weekend in Chicago.


Bread offering...including olive bread..& olive oil dip


Pumpkin Agnolotti


Salmon Crudo


Cinghale with Polenta


Apple Strudel


Tiramisu

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

My mouth is watering!