Friday, July 22, 2011

Extreme

The Sister's Birthday Club had a meeting today. The hottest day of the year...possibly century! Extreme heat! We were celebrating Winnie's birthday and plans were already made. Since it's not easy getting our schedules to mesh - I didn't want to cancel or postpone. The girls met me in Forest Hills at 9:30am and we took off soon after. I loaded an insulated cooler with ice packs, frozen bottles of water and even a frozen face cloth.

Our destination was Tanger's Outlet at Deer Park. The last time we were there for my birthday, we discovered the Christmas Tree Store. Or rather Kathy & I did and it was overwhelming and unfortunately the last store we stopped in before we had to leave for lunch.

So this time, we went there first and really got to look through each and every aisle to our hearts content. After that, we visited other stores on our own and although it was lovely to walk into nicely air conditioned stores, exiting was another story.

It was H-O-T!

We left around 2pm to head back to Queens for our traditional sushi. And as always, it hit the spot and filled us up. I drove everyone back to Chinatown where after dropping Winnie & Connie, Kathy & I made a quick surprise visit to our mother.

I am so glad I belong to this "club" - it's simply an extremely GOOD time!
Thanks Ladies!!

No comments: