Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gung Hay Fat Choi!!

Happy Chinese New Year!! It is the year of the Rabbit which is my sister, Evelyn's year.

With my other sister,Kathy in Florida, the family is not celebrating until she returns next week. So it was a typical Thursday for me. No start of year vegetarian meal of Buddist Delight but instead oatmeal with bananas. As I was checking through my emails and Facebook postings, my doorbell rings. It was UPS and I wasn't expecting any deliveries and certainly not the huge and heavy carton I received. Looking at the sender gave no clues. When I opened the box, this is what I pulled out:

(Calm down, Kathy!!)





O-M-G!!!! What the heck was this? There was a card attached to advised me of the opening of Aldi's in my neighborhood on Feb 18th., something Kathy just told me yesterday! And a "sampling" of their products...WOW! Obviously this is from my participation of the panel I was on last May. The funny thing is I was just on another focus panel this past Monday. It was regarding cellphones and although I didn't get a "sample" cellphone...I did win an extra $25 in a raffle. I LOVE these focus panel groups!!

I am way past the age of getting Hung Pao's - (red envelopes) which I do admit I miss very much. But I'll say this is a pretty good substitution!! :-)

Wishing everyone happiness and prosperity!

No comments: