Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shoes & Pizza

Armed with a $10 off coupon and a $10 rewards gift certificate, I met up with Winnie at DSW - Union Square for some serious shoe-shopping. After an hour of walking up and down the aisles trying on various pumps, boots and sandals, I settled on a blinged-out pair of flip flops that was so cushiony - it felt like I was walking on a cloud. Winnie got a beautiful pair of beige suede heels. We had worked up an appetite .

After a small discussion on where to go eat, I asked if we could try Pulino's on the Bowery. I had just seen a feature on them on one of the cooking shows and after watching Julia Robert eat her pizza, I had been craving pizza. The kind you would get in Italy. Winnie was game and we headed over there.



I ordered the Pizza Margherita and Winnie ordered the Salame Piccante. My pie, cut into squares was exactly what I wanted. Thin crust and perfect topping of cheese, tomato and basil. Winnie had pepperoni and olives which were tasty but a tad salty. We finished every last bite!


Pizza Margherita


Salame Piccante

Now I remembered what I really wanted from there that was showcased on the cooking show. Their Breakfast Pizza! Anyone want to join me?

No comments: