Friday, September 17, 2010

Aftermath

Last night's storm and it's path of destruction makes it hard to believe it wasn't a tornado! I didn't get a chance to take my own photos so I went back the next day to see the effects upclose and personal. It was pretty incredible. Here are the thousand words:

Nikki took these photos right after the "storm" passed
Note that minutes before the sky was black!:



I was in that Queens Blvd. traffic to the right


Photos taken on my walk to Forest Hills:
By Nikki's old Junior High School, Russell Sage

In the front courtyard of the JHS which took forever
to renovate!


Along Yellowstone Blvd:





Queens Blvd's MacArthur Park



































Funny thing...Chess goes on despite the mess!


And people hanging out in the park:


The reporters descend:





To add insult to injury, a semi gets stuck making cars turn around going the wrong way on Queens Blvd's service road:



As I head back home, terrible results on side streets:





No comments: