Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chocked Full

Winnie's birthday was in June but the Sister's Birthday Club met up on July 16th for a full day of celebratin'! We met up at 9:30am. Since we all joined Tanger's Club, one of the perks is a $10 birthday gift card sent prior to your birthday and so Winnie wanted to go to Tangers where we could shop and catch a movie. Both Winnie & Connie used their $10 gift cards at Le Gourmet Chef. I picked up sandals at Nine West, my favorite store...buy 2 pairs of sandals and get 30% off.

And it's weird how Winnie & I dressed alike when it's not planned!



For the movie, we saw Sorcerer's Apprentice which we all enjoyed. We returned back to Queens for sushi and I surprised Winnie with a little chocolate birthday cake. I hope her wish comes true. :-)






After driving the girls back to Chinatown and Brooklyn, I picked up Nikki in the city and went to Long Island City to attend an A&D alumni's (Shari) art show. It was held at a cute cafe and fun to see her work. Afterwards, we crossed the street to a Thai restaurant named Tuk Tuk for a late dinner. We shared an appetizer of dumpling "purses" filled with chicken and shrimp. And also shared a chicken Pad Thai and Crispy Duck Tamarind. I drove back to the city to drop off Nikki and didn't walk in my door until 11:15pm! Hey...not bad for someone 50+! LOL


Some of Shari's artwork

Me, Maria, Shari & Nikki

Dumplings shared (there were 6!)

No comments: