Six months passed and before we knew it, we were ready to board our flight. We each checked a bag and I insisted we sit near the back because I have a thing about room in the overhead. We also reserved the aisle and window seats in row 21 with the middle seat free in the hopes that no one would take it. It was, after all almost a 6 hour flight! And we lucked out…we each had the middle seat free.
When we landed, Kathy & Connie went to get our luggage while Winnie and I were able to check in at the MGM right at the airport…what a pleasure! From there, we took a shuttle to the car rental center where I reserved a car from Dollar Car Rental…and once again, it was a breeze. We even got to choose our own car - we opted for a gray 4-door Ford Focus. And we were on our way!

We stopped at a Walmart to pick up water and snacks. Found our way to the gigantic hotel and breezed our way to our rooms by-passing the lobby that had people lined up checking in. Our rooms were on the 25th floor opposite each other. Both had great views of the strip and were roomy and comfortable.
Suffice it to say, we ate our way through Vegas! Oh my! Prior to our trip, the thought of "all you can eat", 3 times daily was a dream but in reality, it’s hard to do! It is A LOT of food! Our first night dinner was great particularly because our server was attentive. Breakfast was my favorite - the waffles and bagels and lox were greatly appreciated. We had lunch once. We never did all 3 in one day!
We walked all along the strip much to Kathy's dismay. We did a lot of window shopping mostly for souvenirs and both Connie and I loved seeing our names on any items. “Connie” is not so difficult to find. “Esther“…well…let’s just say I was in “Esther” heaven!

There was quite a lot of laughter. We didn’t disappoint. We teased Winnie immediately as we drove from the airport to the hotel. Months ago, she suggested we could walk from the airport to the hotel! And yes, while it probably is walk-able…we kept pointing out to her how there was NO ONE walking! Then there was an incident at a hotel. We four walked in with an Asian family. It never seems to fail so we looked as we were part of the group. I mentioned this to Winnie and suddenly she was hiding in a corner. Kathy & Connie were ahead of us and I was befuddled. The sisters stopped to see what happened and we all thought Winnie was crying. It turned out that Winnie decided to try to keep our distance from the other Asians and well…let’s just say…you had to be there. Good times, good friends, good fun!
With all my “Esther” key chains happily in hand…an explosion of “Esther” items or sightings came to being. JC Penny had a pair of boots named Esther…I bought them in black.

The New York City Opera revived “Esther” the opera last Friday. But I also saw on a morning show some bimbo trainer calling a belly roll an “Esther”…harumph...what’s up with that??
No comments:
Post a Comment