The reality hit when I decided to buy something LV for Andra's Xmas present. She was my most fashionable friend. I went to Sak's and that's when the dollar signs appeared! Whoa! The only thing I could possibly afford was a $35 key fob "wallet" and that was expensive for me during that time. But even then, I had no idea the effect of gifting that item would have. I received a call right after she opened it! Wow. I remember thinking that was odd but happy that she liked it. Years later...like 10 year?...I would discovered that she and Roger still carried that key wallet! By then, I had my own collection of LV items.
For myself, the iconic "Speedy"was my first LV. I carried that everywhere! After working at Needlepoint USA and seeing Cherie carry a rectangular LV shoulder bag that so spoke to me - Stan purchased that bag for me and I carried that util it was stolen. Heartbroken especially after finding out I couldn't replace it since it was discontinued. It was called "tuileries" and Kathy actually found one for me for my 50th birthday. Unfortunately the strap holders were fraying and ended up breaking...I'm still looking to repair it!
It's been many years now that I've actually used any of my collection! I have an overnight bag that I got in Bermuda! When I noticed it was $150...a steal...I grabbed it right away. But it doesn't have a shoulder strap so at my age now, it's inconvenient. Still...it looks so decadent to have!
And of course, that crazy LV story from my honeymoon in Monte Carlo!
Nikki surprised me after her college graduation? and gifted me with a new LV wallet. Mine was falling apart! It was a stupendous gesture and one I will never forget. Yes....the power of LV!
I love her story of walking into a LV store to purchase it. Very chic-chic and of course, intimidating!
I have my eye on the Neverfull tote. It's top on my wish list! One day....sigh...
When Winnie and I visited the LV Volez,Voguez,Voyagez exhibit down on Wall Street...it spoke to me! A wonderful NYC thing to do...free and fun!








No comments:
Post a Comment