Sunday, March 27, 2016

BirthdayWeek 2016

Another year, another birthday.  But I have to admit, as the years pile on, I'm less incline to celebrate. It just doesn't feel as exciting!  Saying the actual number is a "gulp" moment!

However, don't get me wrong.  I am grateful that I have friends and family to make me feel special. It's been a whirlwind week and there's more to come! So far - here's a recap:

Sunday (March 20) - I was lucky enough to get treated to brunch a la Nikki & Tom.  We went to Thistle Hill Tavern and had a lovely time while a St Patrick's Day parade passed on by...bagpipes, kilts and all.  Tom & I had pancakes with eggs and Nikki had pasta carbonaro.  Later that day when I returned home, I was pleasantly surprised when the Google banner was of cakes in honor of my day!



 Next day, Monday - Winnie had tickets to The View.  Lunch was nearby at Big Nick's - I had a eggplant parm hero. Winnie had a Sicilian slice and french fries which she shared with me. Because she's my BFF!



Winnie and I have an agreement where we join each other to take advantage of Big Daddy's birthday freebie of burger and a shake.  Tuesday was the day.  We met up after I stopped at Sephora to pick up my birthday giveaway.  My shake was the bacon salted caramel (which was so good!) and a good old regular burger.  Winnie had a huge breakfast special called "Easy Rider".  We rolled out of there!  And I still had to go to Au Bon Pain to get my free sandwich or salad.  After the big meal...the salads looked more appetizing!  I went with the Harvest Turkey salad chocked full of baby spinach, iceberg, dried cranberries, walnuts, diced apple, goat cheese and of course, turkey.  It was dinner that evening!




 My goodies:  Nikki & Tom gave me the Hope in a Jar lotions, the pretty hand soap dispenser and a Netflix subscription.  When I stopped in Sephora, I finally used gift cards Nikki had given me a while ago and redeemed them for L'Occitane "stuff" in pretty cosmetic bags.  Nikki had recommended their hand lotions and after using them for a few days, my dried scaly spots are all gone! Hooray!!


 I was out on Wednesday visiting Mom.  Thursday and Friday were my shopping days and I bought myself some pretty things....(new Spring wardrobe) and new heels courtesy of DSW which got me in here with their $5 b-day certificate. I also got me a free birthday Carvel cone in Forest Hills. On Saturday, I met up with Bicky at AG Kitchen to catch up and celebrate our birthdays.  I had some delectable fish tacos and Bicky had a burger and garlic fries...yummy!  She gifted me with a handmade gold cuff.  Beautiful!  We wandered the UWS for awhile - stopping in West Elm.  When I returned to Queens, I visited Queens Center and Victoria Secret's where I used their $10 birthday coupon.  Last was a free Sbarro pizza slice at the food court and I was done.


                                     




And coming full circle to Sunday - which was Easter this year - I had a (wonderful) lazy morning but met up with Daniel at Fuji Sushi for AYCE dinner because as I have been saying...nothing says Easter like sushi! It was a pretty perfect way to end my birthday week with the exception of seeing Kathy but that is next on the agenda!

Part 2 - Second week - wait for it...:)
Our appetizers: spring roll, bbq calamari & gyoza








No comments: