The 1964-65 NY World's Fair was an incredible endeavor. My parents, Kathy & I loved visiting there and we were lucky to have visited a few times. It was, for me, the first inkling of what Disneyland would be, especially when we sat through GE's Carousel of Progress and It's a Small World. For us kids...it was wondrous! The grounds were gorgeous as you can see from the photos. My mom said to me the other day while looking through these photos, that it was such a shame they tore down the buildings and it is hard to believe that they did!
The last photo of Kathy and me standing by a pool was from a model of a modern house. My mother reminded me that I tortured Evelyn for years telling her that we used to live in a beautiful home such as that until she came along. She believed it for a long time. Ahhhh...what a terror I was! Sorry...Bicky...
 |
| All dressed up with a place to go! |
 |
| Very odd that we were so casual and my dad was in a suit and tie carrying a briefcase! |
 |
| But then mom was always dressed to the 9's! |
 |
Those hats...probably purchased at the Fair - had our names embroidered on the brim. I wore it quite a bit. |
No comments:
Post a Comment