Have you ever entered a raffle? Or have your name or number picked out of a hat? I'm sure you have...at least once in your life if not dozens of times. And usually...typically...it's not your name, not your number that is chosen. Someone else across the room is all excited and smiling ear to ear. Yeah...that has happened countless times to me. Too many to even count.
I was at a Kelly & Michael taping a couple of weeks ago and I got #44 for their trivial game. In Chinese culture, 4 is an unlucky number...so can you imagine getting 44! Well...the number picked was #34...seemingly so close to my number but not close enough! Par for the course...the guy who had #34, seated a couple of seats away from me, was cheering with happiness...
This past Monday, I attended a taping of Wendy Williams even though it was crazy, icy snow and rain. The weather was miserable at best and the roads and streets were horrible to walk on...ankle-deep slushy puddles. Yuck. And even though Winnie said I didn't have to, I got up early and went into the city. At least they didn't make us stand outside in the cold and the staff was truly grateful that any audience members showed up. As a "thank you" they had a raffle for several items. Over-stock items from other giveaways and all those things are pretty good! As you entered the studio, they give out tickets with a number on it. This is their procedure and is always done. I am sure it's a way to keep track of how many people they have filling the studio.
I got...unbelievably...#34! The first number called was....#33!! I couldn't believe it! Now...that IS REALLY CLOSE! Only a digit away. Sheesh! But again not close enough! Oh well...c'est la vie!
I was thrilled when they called Winnie's number, though! And she got Nescafe's Dolce Gusto single cup coffee maker. Which I already got when I attended one of their holiday giveaway shows in December.
That seemed to seal the deal...right? No way would I get called when a member of my party won something already. So it was with utmost amazement and of course, delight when #34 was called out!! WOW! I also got the coffee maker but the staff is so good that when I explained I already had one, they switched it out for something I really wanted...and have been wanting. The Rowenta Automatic "Curl Active" Curling Iron...valued at $149! The show is always fun and I don't go expecting anything but a good time. So getting a freebie certainly made it worth my while but really...it's more the overall good feeling you get when you just..."win"...:-)

No comments:
Post a Comment