Today is April 3rd. It is almost 6pm on a Wednesday evening and I am jumping around like that Mexican - you know what - bean!! Why, you ask?
Because about 4 hours ago, I was doing absolutely nothing but lounging on the sofa with the TV on and playing games on my iPad. When I have the iPad in hand, I frequently check my emails. Suddenly I see an email from Tom! What an unusual occurrence. As I read it, my heart started to beat faster!! OH - MY - GOD!
In the email, Tom was asking if I knew Nicole's ring size. I think at that moment, my heart rate went rapid. And then he confirmed my - suspicion - but asked that I not tell anyone. OH - MY - GOD!
WOW OH WOW is all I kept thinking and maybe even saying out loud to no one in particular since I was, after all, alone. I also think I had a huge smile on my face. I ran around looking for Nikki's old rings and trying them on. Just imagine: drawers, boxes, little bags being tossed around all over the place. I fit a size 7 these days and her rings all fit me. So...size 7? I quickly emailed Tom with the info. In my eagerness to help him and my quick reading of the email, I missed the part where he mentioned he thought she was a 6.75. So yes...6.75 sounds about right. OH - MY - GOD!
He mentioned that he wanted to surprise her while they were in Europe. WOW OH WOW
I imagined...Paris..Eiffel Tower...ahhhhh....
Of course part of me is sad that I won't get to see all this unfold (unless he records it which I feel I should demand / command him to do!) but I AM SOOOO H-A-P-P-Y!! And it's weird to be so happy when my mom is about to face such a momentous time in her (our) life/lives. But that's how life is...right? Timing is everything!
So how will I keep this gigantic, wondrous, fantabulous secret!?! OH - MY - GOD....
Bursting at the seams. Beaming. Hence me writing this all down. For when I can let it all spill. I want everyone to know what I was feeling!!
Best news in like FOR-ever! EVER!! :-D
Update: Tom popped the question at EuroDisney - at night under the glowing Cinderella's castle.

2 comments:
It was Sleeping Beauty's Castle ;-)
and haha I am glad you wrote that all down. I really wanted to be the first to surprise you so I could see your reaction, but this was just as good :) xoxo
Oh my gosh!!! And to think all this happened on my birthday ... Well, not the actual proposal but the whole Tom & ring thing. That makes me feel extra happy! Congrats to the mother of the bride ~ what incredible news. xxoo
Post a Comment