Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Barclay Center with the Nets & Nic

I have been looking forward to tonight ever since I opened my gift from Tom on Christmas Day.  A pair of Nets tickets at the Barclay Center.  They played against the Toronto Raptors and won...113-106.

I invited Nikki which was perfect since she now knows her way around there.  We met first at Taro, her favorite sushi restaurant in easy walking distance to the arena.  I was lucky enough to also find parking a block away.

My appetizer: Chef's Choice - Mackerel,  Squid & Salmon Roe
and Scallop with Sea Urchin
Nikki's appetizer: Sea Urchin special
We both ordered the Sashimi Deluxe...the fish was extremely
fresh and melted in my mouth.  De-lec-table!

It was advantageous to have Nikki with me for my first time at the Barclay.  She knows her way around.  It's a beautiful building and as we passed the different food counters, I loved the variety of cuisines and their names: Brooklyn Bangers and Dogs, Bed Stuy Grill, Fatty Cue BBQ to name a few.

Although we were in the upper level, there is no bad seat!  The outcome of this night surpassed my anticipation.  But then, any opportunity I get to spend time with Nikki is price. less.


The winning moment!

No comments: